I’ve always struggled with grain-free crepes. They tend to fall apart because they don’t have gluten to bind things together. This recipe worked for me. They are a bit thicker than flour-based crepes, but they definitely do the trick. I have two tips that can help you reduce frustration when making grain-free crepes. First, don’t make them too big. Mine are about 4 inches across. Secondly, don’t try to flip them too early. If you do, they will break apart and you will be mad.
You could use these crepes as a grain-free tortilla replacement, if you want to make tacos. In fact, I’m about to share a special “taco” recipe…so stay tuned for that!Print
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 crepes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp of granular sweetener if making dessert crepes
- Put the eggs, cream and milk in your blender and mix on low speed or whisk them together in a bowl.
- Add the almond flour and coconut flour and mix on low speed or whisk until incorporated.
- Add the melted butter, salt and sweetener (optional) and mix on low or whisk together.
- Heat a lightly buttered,non-stick pan or griddle to medium.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter to the centre of the pan or griddle and swirl around until the crepe is about 4 inches across.
- Cook until the crepe is brown on the bottom.
- Flip it over and let it cook briefly on the other side (30 seconds – 1 minute)
- Serve with the sweet or savoury toppings of your choice.