I live dangerously close to Yokoyaya , a Japanese shop full of inexpensive and adorable things. It’s hard to go in there and not get swept up in the kawaii. That is how I ended up with these cute paper cups.
Truth be told, I was planning to make a mango frozen yogurt soft-serve and pipe it in to these cups. I wanted it to be perfect and swirly, like the cones at Dairy Queen. Alas, I messed up and it was too runny for the piping bag.
I could have eaten it fresh out of the Vitamix; as you can see in the picture it was thick enough for a spoons to stay upright. Instead, I decided to exercise some patience and stick those little cuties in the freezer. I didn’t have popsicle sticks, so I used some plastic take-out spoons that have been hanging out in my drawer for a few years. It worked just fine.
Here is a terrible iphone photo of the finished popsicle…
I made 2 popsicles from the mixture, but you might want to divide it in to 4 servings…especially if you are planning to feed them to children.
- 1½ cup frozen mango*
- 1 banana
- ½ cup plain yogurt (non-dairy is okay!)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- Put all ingredients in the blender and mix until thick and even.
- If you want frozen yogurt, you can eat it now.
- If you want popsicles, pour in to cups or popsicle molds.
- Put a popsicle stick or non-metal spoon in the centre.
- Put in freezer until set.