Hey guys, you know what is ridiculous? Square watermelons that cost $80 are ridiculous! They sell them at my local grocery store. Apparently, in Japan, you can get them in all types of crazy shapes. They can cost hundreds of dollars!
Needless to say, I walked right past those bad-boys and bought a small, seedless, round watermelon for $3. I’m not at Scrooge McDuck level wealth yet, so square watermelons will have to wait.
Watermelons are so refreshing and hydrating, especially when you add mint! Mmm, watermelon mint. This quick frozen drink can be made with or without booze! You can even serve it as a “fruit soup” right in the rind . Fancy!
Watermelon Mint Frosty
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups
- 2 cups frozen watermelon
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Sweeten to taste (optional)
- 1 shot of vodka, gin or rum (optional)
- Cold water if needed.
- Put all the ingredients in a high-powered blender for approximately 1 minute.
- If it is too thick, add cold water slowly until it is nice and slushy.
- Serve in a glass or in the watermelon rind bowl.
*Keep the watermelon rind bowls in the freezer so they will keep your frosty cool when you serve it.