- 1.5 lbs of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp green onion or chives , chopped
- 2 cups spinach or arugula
- 2 tsp light olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mirin or seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mash the tofu up in to smaller pieces. Don’t worry about breaking it all up, you will continue to break it down in the pan.
- Set the tofu aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and sesame oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until they turn translucent.
- Add the tomato and the turmeric and cook it until the tomato breaks down.
- Add the tofu and mix it in the pan until it is an even yellow colour.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and mirin and mix it in.
- Add the spinach or arugula and stir it in.
- It is finished when the greens are wilted.
- Serve with rice, toast or hasbrowns.
- Top with your favourite hot sauce.