- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar
- Heat up the coconut milk on medium-high heat until it starts to simmer.
- Stir in coconut palm sugar until it dissolves
- Bring the mixture to a low boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the pan when you are stirring it.
- When it reaches a thick, caramel consistency take it off the heat to cool.
- Pour it in to a heat safe container with an airtight lid and store in the fridge.
It will firm up in the fridge, you can heat it up a portion before serving or let it sit for awhile at room temperature.