How to repurpose content and save yourself buttloads of time.
If you’ve spent hours writing an epic blog post or weeks writing an informative ebook, you can parlay that hard work into a variety of related content pieces.This is called repurposing content.
This is an easy way to get more mileage out of your content.
How do you repurpose content?
Take your primary piece of content and determine how it can be spliced into smaller bits of content. You can even rework your content for a new medium.
- Turn a chapter of an ebook into a blog post
- Create an infographic that illustrates a concept from your blog post
- Record a video version of of your blog post
- Make a worksheet inspired by your blog post
- Interview an expert on the subject of your ebook
- Do a live video about a chapter in your ebook
- Record a serial style podcast on the same topic as your ebook or blog post series
- Write multiple blog posts that expand on topics you discussed in your primary blog post.
- Create a photo essay related to the subject of your primary content
- Host a webinar that deep dives into the subject of your blog post
There are no limits here, you can rework the content to fit as many mediums and formats as you want.
Why should you repurpose content?
Reinforce your message through repetition
It’s a well know fact that repetition in marketing leads to brand recognition. People need to hear and see your message multiple times before it registers with them.
Reach a new audience
Some people love videos, some people love graphics, others love to read. By repurposing your content you make it accessible to a greater variety of people.
Repurposing content is a time saver. You don’t have to spend precious hours coming up with new ideas week after week, you just expand on the ideas you’ve already developed.
Boost your SEO Ranking
If you are constantly creating content on a similar topic, your website can develop niche authority. This will make you more google-friendly.
Make repurposing content part of your strategy.
Repurposing content shouldn’t be an afterthought. It should be part of the main plan. Whenever you develop a major content piece, you should make a list of all the spin-off content pieces you can make. Make a habit of this and you will no longer find yourself floundering to find something to write about.