- 2 large lotus roots
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more for the pan
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Cut the ends of the lotus roots
- Peel the skin off the lotus root with a vegetable peeler
- Slice the roots in to 1/8″- 1/4″ slices
- Combine sliced roots 2 tbsp oil, black pepper, salt and sesame oil in bowl.
- Mix with hands until roots are evenly covered with oil and seasonings.
- Brush baking sheets with olive oil, be generous as these things will stick if you are stingy.
- Place slices in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check for ones that are browning rapidly.
- Remove the browned ones and place them on a piece of paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Put the baking sheets back in the oven and repeat the process of checking and removing finished ones at 5 minute intervals.
- The entire process can take 30-45 minutes depending on your oven and how thinly you sliced the lotus root.
- Let cool and enjoy on their own or with dip.