I’ve been hoarding this recipe away for several weeks. I was waiting for a rainy day, a literal rainy day. The rainy season has come. In Vancouver, that season lasts 9 bazillion months. Boooooooo!
My misfortune is your gain because when the weather is crappy, I head straight to the kitchen for comfort. Today’s cup of comfort comes in the form of drinking chocolate.
This is not hot chocolate from a little sachet of sadness. Nope! This drinking chocolate is thick and spoonable. It’s practically pudding.
The key to this alchemy is cashew milk. You can try this recipe with a different type of milk, but cashew milk has a high fat content that gives this drink body.
I’m not joking when I compare it to pudding. You can let it cool and eat it with a spoon if you want. In fact, I encourage that. It’s a great alternative to puddings that are loaded with thickeners.
This is enough for two people, especially if served with cookies for dipping.Print
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Heat the cashew milk on medium-low heat, whisking constantly.
- When it starts to bubble on the edges, add the chocolate and coconut sugar.
- Whisk constantly until chocolate is fully melted.
- The whole process should take about 5 minutes.
- The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup