The other day, I decided to make grain-free crepes for breakfast. As I was mixing up the fruit filling, I had an idea! What if I served the crepes as if they were tacos? Wouldn’t that be fun?
The answer is “yes”. Yes, it is fun to eat crepes like tacos, because tacos are the best. I made a diced fruit salad (aka fruit salsa) as the taco filling, shredded coconut as the cheese and whipped cream instead of sour cream (not pictured). You could also use greek yogurt. I don’t have kids, but I bet kids would love fruit tacos!Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 small fruit tacos*
- 1 batch of Grain-free Crepes
- 2 kiwis
- 1 mango
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup whipped cream or greek yogurt
- Dice the kiwis and mango so the pieces are roughly the size of a blueberry.
- Mix all the fruit together with the lime juice and honey (optional).
- Build your own fruit tacos at the table by spooning on fruit mixture, sprinkling on coconut and topping with whipped cream or yogurt.
This will feed 2 hungry adults.