- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2.5 cups of cooked kabocha squash*
- 1 brick cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or granular sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- For the Crust:
- Grind pecans in a blender or food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Process until mixture is sandy and comes together when pressed.
- Press mixture in to a 9″ springform pan or pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325F
- Allow crust to cool completely
- For Filling:
- Mix cream cheese and coconut sugar in blender until smooth
- Add the spices, salt, vanilla and cooked squash
- Process until smooth
- Add the eggs and mix on a low speed until evenly blended.
- Pour filling in to cooled crust
- Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees
- Let cool before serving
*steam or bake, let it cool completely before using.