This recipe uses aquafaba. Aquafaba is the liquid drained from a can of chickpeas.
- 1 cup aquafaba(drained from a can of chickpeas)
- 2.5 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream(or other non-dairy whipped cream)
- Sliced fruits of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Using an standmixer, whip the aquafaba on high-speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Reduce the speed to medium and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once all the sugar is added, increase the speed to high until you get an even, fluffy mix. Don’t over do it!
- Reduce the speed to low and add the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture on to a cookie sheet (or 2) lined with parchment paper or silpat. You will want to make 6 circles of meringue that are about 4 inches across. They might spread a bit in the oven, so give them a little room. You might need 2 cookie sheets!
- PUT THE PAVLOVA IN THE OVEN AND TURN THE TEMPERATURE DOWN TO 300F IMMEDIATELY.
- Bake for 90 minutes, then turn off the oven.
- Prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon and let the pavlova cool completely.
- Don’t worry if they look cracked or collapsed in the middle, you are can easily cover it up!
- Once they are cool, add dollop of whipped coconut cream and spread it around.
- Top with a mixture of your favourite fruits.