If you are looking for a beautiful and natural way to decorate a cake, you should watch this video tutorial on how to make pineapple flowers.
It’s really easy but you want to make sure you make them the day before you need them because they have to dry out. I leave them on the counter overnight, uncovered and they end up looking great.
I used mine to decorate my popular raw vegan carrot cake. I love the natural and organic look. They also make a fantastic snack, but I warn you they go fast. You might want to make a double batch, especially if you have to share.
Don’t they look amazing? I love the way the texture in the centre looks so realistic!Print
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 12 flowers
- 1 large pineapple
- Preheat your oven to 220F
- Remove the top, bottom and outside peel of the pineapple with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the “eyes” of the pineapple with a small measuring spoon.
- Slice the pineapple into very thin rounds.
- Place the rounds on a lined cookie sheet and bake them for 30 minutes, flip them and then bake them for another 30 minutes.
- Move the rounds to a muffin tin to give them shape during the final bake.
- Return them to the oven and bake them until they start to brown slightly in the middle and they no longer feel wet. This is approximately 45 minutes to an hour, but keep an eye on them.
- Remove them from the oven and let them dry on the counter overnight.
LOVE VEGAN DESSERTS?
I am whipping up a vegan dessert cookbook. Join my newsletter for release details!