I loved hitting up the food court for an Orange Julius when I was a kid. As an adult, they are just way too sweet for me. That is saying a lot because I would mainline sugar if I could.
I love that this recipe is refreshing, like fresh squeezed orange juice but it only requires one orange to make 4 small servings (2 big servings). I also love that it has a satisfying, frothy foam on top that makes it feel like a special treat rather than boring old juice.
You should serve this at your next breakfast!
Before I get to the recipe, I want to talk about that box in the back of the photo. Do you see it? Do you know what it is?
Now, on to the recipe…Print
- 1 large navel orange, peeled
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Optional: Sweetener of choice
- Put everything in the blender on high and give it a good whirl until it is all combined.
- Divide in to 4 small servings or 2 big servings or drink the whole thing yourself!