- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup hemp Hearts
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of your choice*
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (soaked for a few hours)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or defrosted)
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice*
- Whole raspberries for decorating
- Soak your macadamia nuts and cashews for a few hours before you plan to make the cake. Drain off the water before using them in the recipe.
- Combine the pecans and hemp hearts together in your blender at a moderate speed. You don’t want to make a nut butter, you want it to be mealy.
- Add your sweetener of choice and 1.5 tbsp coconut oil. Mix on a low speed until it starts to come together.
- Press the mixture in to a 6 inch cake pan or springform lined with parchment. Set aside as you make your filling.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in your high-performance blender or food processor until the mixture is completely smooth. There shouldn’t be any chunky bits.
- Taste the mixture to see if it is sweet enough for you. If it isn’t, add more sweetener in small increments until you are happy with it.
- Sprinkle some whole raspberries on top of the crust before pouring in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and berries in the cake pan.
- Press additional raspberries in to the filling for decoration.
- Set in the freezer until firm, or the fridge if you have more time. It took about 1 hour in the freezer for me.
- Remove from pan while it is still frozen.
- Defrost slightly before cutting.
*A note on sweeteners: I like to make desserts that people can adapt to suit their own dietary needs.You can use any number of natural or alternative sweeteners in this recipe. Sweetness levels can vary. If you are using a sweetener that you are unfamiliar with, I recommend checking the manufacturers website to determine the recommend amounts. Most manufacturers will tell you how to substitute their product in recipes in place of sugar. Let taste be your ultimate guide.