- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews – chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds – chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts – chopped
- 1 mango
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt*
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage (I used So Delicious brand)
- 1 tsp fresh tumeric or ginger root
- sweetener to taste (optional)**
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Blueberries to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Toss the coconut and all the nuts in the pan and coat in the oil. Stir them continuously. Watch them very closely as they can burn quickly. You want the coconut to brown. Once the nuts are toasted, remove from heat and let them cool.
- Put half of the mango in the blender with the strawberries, yogurt, tumeric and coconut milk. Start the blender on low then ramp it up to max. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Poor the smoothie in to a bowl. Top with mango slices, blueberries, hemp hearts and toasted nut mixture.
*Substitute coconut or almond milk yogurt for a vegan version
**My mango was very sour, so I used a few drops of stevia to sweeten the smoothie.