- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup granular sweetener of your choice*
- 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam or honey (optional but recommended for chewiness)
- Additional jam for topping the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Mix together the almond flour and the sugar or sweetener in a medium bowl.
- Beat the egg whites and salt in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Don’t over mix.
- Fold the eggs in to the almond flour mixture using a rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Add in the hemp hearts and apricot jam or honey, if you are using them.
- Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
- Portion out cookie dough using a tbsp. Don’t worry if the batter is sticky, they don’t have to be perfect shapes.
- Once you have portioned out all the cookies, use your thumb to make a dent in each one.
- If the batter is too sticky, try wetting your thumb (slightly) before you press each cookie.
- Spoon jam in to each dent, 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp should be plenty per cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the tray at the 12 minute mark.
- Cool before eating.
*If you use an alternative sweetener, check the manufactures recommendations for substitution amounts. You want to have the equivalent of 2/3 cup of sugar.