- 2 cups homemade cashew milk
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice*
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 packet (1.5 tsp) granulated kanten (agar-agar)**
- 2 tbsp hot water
- * Use the sweetener that suits your dietary needs. It should be the equivalent of 3 tbsp of sugar. You can taste the mixture to see if it is sweet enough before letting it set.
- ** If you buy agar agar flakes, increase the amount to 1.5 TBSP
- Mix the cashew milk, sweetener, cocoa, vanilla and salt in a pot over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Mix the kanten with 2 tbsp of hot water to dissolve.
- Pour the kanten mixture in to the cashew milk mixture and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- The mixture will thicken slightly but will still be pourable.
- Pour in to 2 to 4 ramekins, bowls or cups.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.