Have you tried to eat an overripe mango? They are so messy, you can’t easily cut them into cubes. Your best bet is scooping out the fruit and using it in a smoothie.
I had two, large, overripe mangos sitting on my counter just begging to be made in to a Vegan Mango Lassi. A Lassi is a yogurt based beverage that has it’s roots in India and Pakistan. Traditionally, it is dairy based but I made mine with So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk and So Delicious Coconut Beverage.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. You just put all the ingredients in the blender and give it a good whirl. You will be amazed at how thick and rich it is! It’s so thick, you could use it as the base of a smoothie bowl.
If you can’t get fresh mangoes, frozen mangoes will work just fine. If you use frozen mangoes, you can omit the ice cubes.
This post is an entry for the So Delicious Snackable Recipe competition. All opinions on the product are my own.Print
Vegan Mango Lassi
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 container So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk – Plain (454g)
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Beverage
- 1 pinch of ground green cardamom (2 or 3 pods ground)
- 3 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in your blender and mix on high speed until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve immediately or chill in fridge for later.