- Bottom Layer:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup granular sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- Middle Layer:
- 1.5 cups macadamia nuts or cashews
- 2 tbsp granular sweetener of choice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I used Sun Warrior Raw Vegan Protein)
- Top Layer:
- 3 oz Dark Chocolate 70% or darker
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Starting with the base layer, mix all the dry ingredients together in a blender, food processor or bowl. Don’t over-process this layer. You want to get some texture from the shredded coconut.Mix in the melted coconut oil with a fork.
- Press this mixture in to the lined cake or loaf pan. Put this in the freezer while you work on the middle layer.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, mix up all the middle layer ingredients. I did it in the Vitamix. If you don’t have a blender of food processor, you could use pre-made cashew butter. You want this layer to be smooth, no chunks.
- Pour this layer on top of the coconut layer and spread it evenly.
- Put this all back in the freezer and get started on the top layer.
- Chop up your chocolate in to small pieced for easier melting.
- Melt it over low heat (double boiler if possible) with the coconut oil.
- Once it’s melted, pour it on top of the other two layers and make sure it’s evenly spread.
- Put that bad boy in the freezer for atleast 30 minutes.
- Let it defrost slightly before cutting.
As with many of my recipes, I advocate tasting as you go along. You can tweak the sweetness to meet your preference.