This vegan royal icing uses aquafaba in place of eggs. Aquafaba is the brine drained from a can of chickpeas.
- 3 fl oz aquafaba (chick pea brine)
- 4 cups confectionary sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer, whip the aquafaba on high until just foamy (about 30 seconds).
- Turn off the mixer and add the confectionary sugar and vanilla.
- Cover the mixer with a kitchen towel to keep the sugar from blowing everywhere.
- Mix everything on medium-high for 5-7 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until it is ready to use.
- Before decorating your cookies, add food coloring and adjust the consistency of the icing by adding water 1/2 tsp at a time.